Champ lvl costs

Anything mud related
Zardoz
Site Admin

Champ lvl costs

Postby Zardoz » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:09 pm

I'm almost afraid to post this here, but I figure it would be good to get some early feedback. These are some CONSIDERED adjustments in champ levels.

It should have the affect of being cheaper in plat in the early levels, while being much cheaper in xp in the late ones.

When looking at the costs, the price for Wizord to gain 15hp and 25 mana (a good champ lvl gain) in the old meta system would cost roughly 800 plat for the hps and 1500 plat for the mana, which came with none of the other champ level benefits.

I'm much better with php than spreadsheets so this is what you get.
http://www.kallindor.org/champ.php
Wizord

Re: Champ lvl costs

Postby Wizord » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:39 pm

Wow this is a tough call. My Experience requirement at my level would be less than half but my platinum requirement would double.

It looks like the early levels have a pretty high plat requirement still at 400 plat ? That's isn't really chump change. I think it would help if you put a comparison chart up of current values versus the new ones, to help make a better educated decision about this.

Is there any way to get a comparison chart?

The spread sheet has current values on it.

-WIZORD OF WAVERLY PLACE
Zardoz
Site Admin

Postby Zardoz » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:47 pm

Just compare it next to the spreadsheet? It's what I was doing.
Wizord

Postby Wizord » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:58 pm

I think just judging by my personal EXP costs there are some issues with the settings for the proposed new champion costs.

Right now I have roughly 700 million EXP to level and my plat cost is just over 1000.

If I solo the whole thing (incredibly boring) I come out with an average of about 40 million gold coins. Sometimes up to 50 million, sometimes as low as 30 million. So just say average 40 million.

That is an excess 1000 plat that goes into my bank account. I think that is actually pretty good balance when it comes down to it. I can use those coins to meta or help others or buy corpses.

The new system, for me personally would be 400 million EXP and 2000 plat. The 2000 plat to level would be a huge burden. I am doing only 400 million EXP which if I boringly solo the whole thing I would get about 1200 plat or so leaving me short 800 plat to level.

I think it needs a bit more tweaking.
Zardoz
Site Admin

Postby Zardoz » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:01 pm

The goal isn't to have it be equal, but to add exponential growth into the platinum required, while balancing the plat vs xp in the early lvls, and the xp vs plat in the mid lvls, while still having it not be totally unfair.
Wizord

Postby Wizord » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:31 am

2000 plat doesn't seem that fair to me. It sounds extremely tiresome.
Zardoz
Site Admin

Postby Zardoz » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:00 am

Well, as I mentioned that's about the cost of just the metas you'd get from that level in the old system.
Thael

Postby Thael » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:48 pm

I like the idea about shifting over to use more plat then exp for champ levels. However the need of plats for the last champ levels looks very high. Is it possible to add some champion skills/spells aswell? Its so nice to have something to look forward to when you running xp/cash.

/Thael
Wizord

Postby Wizord » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:56 pm

After deliberating a bit, I think this new system could be pretty good. It would encourage higher level characters to run more plat with lower level characters. It could also encourage the use of alts more.

Mindless soloing of the same area has gotten a bit old. The big flaw with the higher platinum costs I suppose is to characters that historically always suffer getting platinum. (Like Sturm)

Some players, no matter what, always seem relatively broke.

I think overall though higher platinum costs would be OK, and encourage more grouping for cash. Running solo for 2000 plat is pretty excruciating for 15 hp and 30 mana. As long as participation remains high I could see some improvements.
Zardoz
Site Admin

Postby Zardoz » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:28 pm

Well, gaining champ lvls is meant to plateau at some point. There should be a point where gaining one isn't easy. Doing a linear increase like we had contributes to this problem.

I don't think we should ever see a level 1000 champ. Just like how metaing hps/mana/etc used to get to the point where it took a lot of work to increase them, champ levels are intended to work the same way.

I like the necessary resource being gold, because generally running gold is more fun. There's more options to it. There's mobs with 20mil or whatever gold, but with xp caps, xp is always going to be best served in zones that feel like leveling areas.

The point about alts is a good one I hadn't considered. If plat is the main resource required you can run it with any character, and transfer to the one that needs it.

Return to “General”