Linking the spread sheet to the web site

Have a bright idea? Post it here for discussion
Wizord

Linking the spread sheet to the web site

Postby Wizord » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:24 pm

Is there a way to bring the spread sheet up onto the web site? I think it gets people interested in the game and it could be treated as a compendium and useful resource. But I will be sad that I can't spam peoples emails with the mud mailer any more.

WIZORD
Zardoz
Site Admin

Re: Linking the spread sheet to the web site

Postby Zardoz » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:29 am

You can link to it on the forums, it's a bit too spoilery to link on the official site IMO.
Sarocyn

Postby Sarocyn » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:37 am

It's not open to the public, so linking it isn't going to do any good :P You have to be invited to use it. Patryn is the one that owns it. If he could transfer ownership to someone, maybe we could make it read-only to everyone and keep edit access by invitation only.
Wizord

Postby Wizord » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:44 pm

Can we make copies and take ownership of the copies? I have a copy made in case someone messed up the sheet.

Wiz
Zardoz
Site Admin

Postby Zardoz » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:53 pm

Yeah, that's what I would suggest doing
Mablung

Postby Mablung » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:46 pm

Too bad google docs doesn't have git-like functionality. How awesome would it be creating a branch and having an "admin" of the original merge the changes? Surprised Google hasn't implemented that already.

Outside of that, could protect sheet everything. That would at least display a "do you really want to do this?" message in case you accidentally edit.

Or set everybody to comment-only, that way direct changes can only be made by a select few, but everyone can comment if they run into something that's wrong/needs updating.
[The Fellowship]

Return to “Ideas”